Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Scripture Challenge hosted by Patter Cross - # 3 - ABIDE

When I read Patters devotion for this challenge the song that came to my mind is the old Hymn Trust and Obey which I have shared on my art the first verse which had the word "abide" in it.

I asked my husband, Ken what colour would I do this art in and he said "blue" so I looked for a nice kit which had blue in it and chose a recent one I purchased ( actually last month's Scrap Girls Club Kit ).
Credits: Papers and flower from WatercolourWhimsy by Amanda Sok; Bible from Faithful by Mandy Steward; Stitching from JakeEmma by Amanda McGee
Fonts - Vrinda, Susie's Hand and forgot to take note of the font I used for Abide.

8 comments:

  1. That's an interesting piece of art work you have created, Anne-Marie. I like the shades of blue, and the verse you used, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband chose a great color scheme! Your page turned out beautiful. And I too LOVE that hymn "Trust and Obey." I will be singing it all day today I am sure. :) Such a perfect song for our word this week. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Beautiful page you have created. Love the scripture and the hymn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep-like the blue color scheme. I hadn't thought of that song-you are right it fits perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page! Isn't it wonderful when the old hymns play through our minds. I've been singing "Abide With Me" since this word was posted!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way "Abide" is the focal point of the page. It works.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great page. Love the colors (I have this kit too and love it.) Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it is much appreciated.