Friday, March 2, 2012

MARCH FAITH CHALLENGE AT SCRAPBOOK BYTES

When I was thinking about what word to use for this month, I was given the new Bible Study book for the Ladies Bible Study I attend and the study is on the second part of the book of Isaiah and the theme is “ The God who comforts and restores”. I thought to myself… that is it - the wordCOMFORT. At that time I needed God’s comfort as I was watching my elderly mother slowly dying. Now that she has left this life, I still need God’s comfort during my time of loss. 

Here are some thoughts by Billy Graham:
At some time in life , all of us feel the loneliness of sorrow. Mary and Martha were saddened by the death of their brother, Lazarus, and Martha said to Jesus “If you had been here, my brother would not have died.” Theirs was a loneliness of sorrow. The shortest verse in the Bible tells us that at the tomb of Lazarus “Jesus wept.” He enters into our sorrows. When we come to Jesus Christ, He does not promise to exempt us from trouble or sorrow. Tears will come, but deep inside there will be a joy that is difficult to explain to you. It is a joy from God – produced by the Holy Spirit. In the midst of trials and agony and tears which come to us all, a supernatural power is given out, producing joy. 

During the last few weeks I have experienced the joy that is mentioned here and am so thankful for my Good Shepherd who leads me, which is why I chose to use a verse from the 23rd Psalm for my page. 


For this digital page I used a kit called " Angel Dreams" by Verena Designs

I created a template for the CD size pages I creat and with the template is instructions for how to enlarge the template to 12 x 12 plus three pieces of lace in PNG files.  You are welcome to download the template kit by visiting Scrapbook Bytes  HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it is much appreciated.