Monday, November 7, 2011

ABC Scripture Challenge with Patter Cross - # 22 - Weary

For this fortnight our word is "Weary". Once I read the word Patter chose of us to work with this verse in Matthew came to my mind. I asked my sweet husband what verse came to his mind when we he heard the word "weary" and he quoted the same verse.
I used the NIV bible version for my page but decided to read it in the Message and I am going to share it plus the two verses that follow this one:

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me - watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

How often I forget that I should be walking with Jesus  and giving Him my burdens. He wants to keep company with me - how wonderful is that?  I like those words " Get away with me" but do I really live them. do I really get away with Jesus - do I really spend as much time as I ought to in prayer - communing with Him. He wants me to.   He wants you to, as well.

For my digital art I used a kit called Fresh Start by Find Your Bliss Designs


1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty page, Anne-Marie! This is the same verse that came into my mind as soon as I read the word was "weary"! It's such a special verse, isn't it?
    Thank you SO MUCH for sharing these verses from The Message...how beautiful they are! How special our Lord is that He cares so much! "Learn the unforced rhythms of grace." That's so beautiful! Thank you!
    Thanks for your support on my house mini again, as well. I'll be posting some more pages on the 26th! I hope your weekend is full of JOYFUL blessings!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it is much appreciated.