Wednesday, November 23, 2011

ABC Scripture Challenge with Patter Cross - #24 - Exercise

This fortnight we are up to the letter "X" for our challenges and Patter chose the word "Exercise" for us to use for our artwork.
I found this great scripture in the Message Bible. Also found a digital kit which I already had, called "Fitness" by Brandy Murry that worked well for my page. ( the flowers are from another kit and are by Meredith Cardall )

The four words were in the kit and I thought they would work well for my page. Here are verses I found  for each of those four words:
Philippians 3:14 - By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the GOAL, where God is beckoning us onward - to Jesus. I'm off and running., and I'm not turning back. (Message)
I do like how the Message bible words this verse and what a wonderful picture to have in our minds that God is beckoning us onward.


1 Corinthians 9:26 - Therefore I do not RUN  like a man running aimlessly, I do not fight like a man beating the air. (NIV)
As I live my life for Jesus there is purpose in my day to day living. I am not going through life aimlessly as this verse speaks of. He gives me that purpose because of drawing me unto Himself.


Philippians 4:13 - I can do everything through Him who gives me STRENGTH.  (NIV)
This is such a helpful verse to take hold of when going through tough times. But we must let the Lord do the doing and not try to do things in our own strength. 


Hebrews 4:10 - For anyone who enters God's REST also rests from his own work, just as God did from His. (NIV)
Our rest is in Christ. There is nothing we can do - no good works - that gain us eternal life. It is only resting ( believing) in the fact that Jesus died for our sins and gives us the free gift of Eternal life. 



2 comments:

  1. Okay, Anne-Marie, I LOVE the "no spiritual flabbiness." Perfect and brings a smile to my face! You are always such a blessing being SO faithful in these studies. I truly appreciate you. May God bless you on your caravan trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great page, Anne-Marie! The message sure has an interesting way of wording it, doesn't it? lol Thanks so much for sharing all the wonderful verses! I appreciate you participating alongside me, and for the sweet comments you've been leaving on my blog! Thank you!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it is much appreciated.