Friday, January 6, 2012

Hymn Scripture Challenge with Patter Cross_#1_Amazing Grace

For this first challenge for this year of 2012, Patter has given us the hymn "Amazing Grace" by John Newton. This is a favourite hymn of many people. I can remember that before I became a Christian and I heard this hymn I thought that "Grace" was a woman.  How wrong I was - the love of a woman is nothing compared to the Love of God. How wonderful is His GRACE.  There is nothing we can do to deserve the gift He offers to each one of us. Which is why I chose the verse I have used on my paper art piece and I had  the verse already on a rubber stamp which was good to discover.
Now I will be sharing firstly my digital art which will each time depict the hymn and then I will share my paper art which will be the scripture that the hymn inspires me to share.

For my digital art I used a kit called A Simple Day by Armina Designs, the hymn sheet was among my commercial use items and I did not have noted who the designer was. The font I used for the title is called A Song for Jennifer.


This will be displayed on a ATC holder stand like the one I used for my Scripture Challenge art in 2008. Here is what the full stand looked like at the end of that year:






5 comments:

  1. Oh Anne-Marie, this turned out SO beautiful! Love the colors of both the digi piece and the ATC page. This will all turn out so beautiful. I am SO sorry about your grandmother. My grandmother passed less than a year ago at 89. It is heartbreaking, and I will be praying for you! May God give you His words, peace, and strength in the days ahead. Hugs and blessings, and we can't wait to see your pages when you are able! Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea to do the hymn and Scripture separately! Your ATC holder looks fantastic all filled up! Your hymn page is so beautiful! I love the gorgeous blue colour and the pretty flowers! As for your Scripture page, it's also lovely! How wonderful to have a stamp with that verse on it! We're not on our own with the challenge any more! It will be a year full of blessings, Ann-Marie! My prayers for you continue!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely AM. You are so right about that wonderful gift of grace. I remember reading in Phillip Yancy's What's so Amazing about Grace? that Christianity is the only religion that teaches about God's grace. It is a wonderful gift of the Father, a gift that some of us find difficult to open and use. Blessings to you in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann-Marie, your page is beautiful! I love your ATC holder. I just read about your faith challenge at Scrapbook Bytes. I'll have to check that out. Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and a woderful way of displaying your pages! Look forward to your beautiful work again this year. God comfort you as you go through this difficult time with your mother.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it is much appreciated.